At Relationship One, we are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains what Personal Information we collect and how we use it.
Relationship One’s participation in the Privacy Shield applies to all Personal Information that is subject to the Relationship One Privacy Statement and is received from the European Union or European Economic Area. Relationship One will comply with the Privacy Shield Principles in respect of such Personal Information.
Relationship One’s accountability for Personal Information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Relationship One remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the Personal Information on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Relationship One proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have a Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) concern or complaint. For any complaints that cannot be resolved with Relationship One directly, Relationship One has chosen to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the information and advice provided to it by an informal panel of DPAs in relation to such unresolved complaints (as further described in the Privacy Shield Principles). Please contact us at email@example.com to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts. As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. Relationship One is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Personal Information Collected
Personal Information refers to any information that is collected or provided to our company that may be used to identify an individual such as a first and last name, a home or other physical address, a telephone number or an e-mail address or any information that uniquely identifies the individual.
When you browse or download information from our web site (“Site”), use our licensed software (“Products”) or engage our consultants (“Services”) we gather some information. Relationship One does not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to others. We automatically collect the following information each time you use our Site or Products:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) Address and domain name used. The IP Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. The IP Address helps us direct Internet traffic to you.
- The type of browser and operating system you used.
- The date and time you visited.
- The Internet pages you visited along with file names and sizes.
- Keywords entered into our search engine.
Cookies do not contain personally identifying information and do not affect your privacy or security. You may be able to set your browser to notify you when cookies are sent to your system and decide whether or not to accept them. There are cases where you will not be able to use all the information when you do not accept the cookies.
If you use our Site, Services or Products or if you send us an e-mail, subscribe to e-mail newsletters, participate in an online survey, or otherwise provide information to us, the following may also be collected:
- Your e-mail address and contents of your e-mail message (including attachments and signature blocks).
- Contact information (address, telephone).
- Organization that you represent.
- Information volunteered in response to a survey.
- Information volunteered through an on-line form for any other purpose.
- Keywords entered into our search engine.
The information collected is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video and graphic information you send us. We use your e-mail address to answer your questions, address your concerns, or forward to someone else for a response. Survey information is used for much the same purposes.
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. For that reason, our Site, Services and Products do not solicit, collect, or maintain personally identifiable information from users we actually know are under age 13.
Use of Personal Information
Relationship One uses the Personal Information we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide the Services and Products we offer and (2) to send communications, including promotional communications. Examples of such uses include the following.
- Providing Services & Products. We use Personal Information to carry out your transactions with us and to provide and improve the services and products we offer to you.
- Customer support. We use Personal Information to provide customer care and support services.
- Business Operations. We use Personal Information to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
- Communications. We use Personal Information we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to update you on the the status of our Services or Products. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive thought leadership and other promotional communications from Relationship One.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any Service or Product you have requested or authorized.
We share Personal Information with vendors or agents working on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing you requested Services or Products. For example, such third parties may include our product hosting and security providers, our service management platform provider and/or our customer support platform provider. In all such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use Personal Information they receive from us for any other purpose.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve Personal Information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Relationship One, including enforcing the terms governing the use of our Services and Products.
Access & Control of Personal Information
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Relationship One. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain Relationship One services and products, or to surveys or other informational communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
You have the right to access your Personal Information (e.g. to correct any errors in the Personal Information). If you would like access to your information, want to request an update or if you have any other questions or concerns about any Personal Information that may be held by Relationship One, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention and Deletion
Relationship One will retain Personal Information for as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you Products or Services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this Policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to honor opt-outs), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
At the end of the retention period, Relationship One will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In addition, we uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data. Transmission of sensitive Personal Information is encrypted using industry standard secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, we will notify you by e-mail or mail. We will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Relationship One to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
We may update this Policy from time to time. In the event we make material changes that reduces your rights or Relationship One obligations under this Policy, we will post a prominent notice in this section of this Policy notifying users when it is updated.
Please contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns about these privacy policies.
Relationship One, LLC
8009 34th Avenue South, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55425